Slate bed pool tables have a playing surface made from slate, which is then covered in cloth. The slate can vary in thickness from 19mm to 30mm. The thicker slate is used on larger and more expensive tables, and some larger tables will use two or even three pieces of slate.
MDF pool tables have a playing surface made from MDF -a type of hardboard, which is made from wood fibres glued under heat and pressure. MDF pool tables come with the benefit of being cheaper and lighter than slate tables.
1. Having a pool table in the house will give you the perfect excuse for all the family to spend time together.
2. It's a one-off expense which can be used over and over again.
3. Children who become interested in playing pool will have a more active mind and body than their peers who simply sit in front of the TV!
4. You can invite friends around to enjoy a game of pool as part of a day or evening social gathering.
5. Any space can be made into a space for a pool table.